Economy and Jobs
Expanding job creation and promoting business growth.
Congress must take strong and deliberate steps to create a better environment for job growth by doing the following:
- End the tax loopholes that let corporations hide profits overseas and invest those dollars in small businesses that create jobs here in America.
- Provide tax cuts to small businesses and expand lending so businesses of all sizes can create new jobs.
- Invest in a clean-energy economy and provide tax credits to spark manufacturing of windmills, solar panels, electric cars, and other technologies here at home.
- Put Americans to work rebuilding our roads, bridges, railways, and ports - which is critical to our ability to compete on a global level with rising economic powers, such as China and Brazil.
- We need to create an environment conducive to business growth and make sure the necessary resources to drive that growth are present, including readily available lending, stable currency, relief from the bureaucratic barriers to entry for small businesses, and stable energy costs.
Job creation doesn’t only entail pushing resources where they’re needed. It also means removing some of the bureaucratic barriers to business growth, simplifying tax codes and easing the path to existing grants.